The GRADUATED HIND Steel horseshoes are designed to the fit the foot in a balanced fashion around the widest part of the foot (essentially the center of rotation of the coffin joint). In addition to balancing the shoe around the coffin bone, the Graduated Hind shoe has a unique wedged design with features that help keep the weight to a minimum. This steel shoe has a 3 degree elevation in the heels with an extended fullering that is deeper in the rear of the shoe. The heel have been pre-center punched for more easily drilling and tapping the shoe for studs. There are 6 nails holes (primary and secondary) to each side for multiple nailing options. These shoes currently come only in a quarter clipped version and in sizes 00 - 3. When you are looking for a well designed, well balanced wedge shoe in steel, look no further than the Graduated Hind by Alpha!
Special Design Features
- Graduated (Wedged) Heel Design
- Convex radius inner rim for optimal traction and reduced weight
- Well seated-out past the toe-quarters to eliminate the chance of sole pressure
- Heel have been pre-boxed (safed)
- Center Punch Mark in Heels for Easy Drilling & Tapping for Studs
- Quarter Clipped Only (Unclipped version available soon.)
The Graduated Hind horseshoes are used for a wide variety of disciplines including dressage, hunters, & jumpers, as well as any application where a wedged steel shoe is needed. In cases of minor lameness issues or strained deep flexor tendons, the Graduated Hind can be extremely helpful.